Friday 6 July 2012

50 Shades of Green

The mood was set, after weeks of pleading with Charles,  John 'Bomber' Brown was finally going to get his hands on exactly what he'd been after for weeks.
Charles stood there in front of Bomber, he was nervous but you couldn't tell, his hair was glistening in the light of the board room, his cold hands grasping the package that Bomber just couldn't help but look at and be amazed.

As Bomber took a cautious step towards Charles and his package he could only but imagine what it would be like to get his hands on it, he longed for it, he had to have it.
Suddenly, Charles had a change of heart, 'No John, not like this' he muttered. 'How no Charles, how no the noo, this is whit av played for' Bomber yelled.
'Because John, it took me a long time to have a package like this and I'm not just going to let you get your hands on it because you say so.' 'I'm not going to lie John, when you were on the doorstep shouting last week I was impressed. I've had dreams about the wonderful things you could do if I let you have my package, but it just doesn't feel right, especially as there are others interested.' 'You aren't the only person who want's to get their hands on my package'.
They were interupted when out of nowhere the large heavy doors of the board room burst open, there he stood, in a dark blue suit, silk tie and brown brogues, it was Sir Wattie. Charles gasped and faintly asked 'what are you doing here?. 'whit's gaun on here Charles, why is he here, I thought that it wiz over between you two?' Bomber snarled.
'Walter, you walked away from this, you can't just pick and choose when you want to come over here and see me and try to make me an offer I can't refuse for a piece of my package'. 'I've told you before, you are more than welcome to some of it, but not all of it.' said Charles.

'You, get oot' Walter demanded as he pointed at Bomber, 'Thurs a few things we've got tae discuss, in't that right Charlie' he said.

Brown trudged out the door, another promise broken by Charles, but he would be back.


Wattie and Charles stood, staring deep in to each others eyes, for a moment it seemed like the world had stopped, administration, liquidation, no pre season tour. None of it mattered to them, all that mattered to Wattie was that he made sure he got Charles's package. What mattered to Charles though was that he made sure he wasn't taken for a fool and made out to be a bad guy like in his previous relationship down Sheffield way. That relationship had made him think things through so much more carefully.

'Listen Charlie' Walter said softly whilst offering out a hand to Charles.
'I canny eat, I canny sleep, I just canny function properly without yer package, I need it. I canny let anyone else huv it.' 'Bomber might promise the world to ye and everybudy else that matters but he's full of lies.' 'I would treat your package in a way that naebudy else wid, I wid care for it and make sure it was never treated badly and most of all, I wid love it.'

'There''s something you should know Walter'
Charles said as he let out a deep breath, knowing that he was about to break yet another mans heart. He had to do it though, for himself.

'Walter, I've been hurt to many times, it's all about me from now on. As I've previously said to Bomber, I would destroy this relationship before I would ever take you back, you had your chance and you walked away, you said you didn't do walking away and you did. You hurt me Walter, I could never go through that again. Now get out, I have work not to do.'

Walter stared angrily at Charles, 'this isnae over Charlie, mark ma words'.

To be continued.

FFF Guest post.

No comments:

Post a Comment